Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Blog Post #4

Well, I must admit that PLNs are not my favorite subject thus far. Most of the web 2.0 tools that I was looking at didn't catch my interest at all. However, I did sign up for a skype account. My brother is serving his mission in Germany and his mission President recently gave them permission to use skype to talk to their families the next time they call home (Mothers day!). Though we will be using my dad's account to do this, I decided it would be good for me to figure out how to use as well. The thing I like most about skype is that it is relatively easy to use and free. Another time I will probably use it is when my brother-in-law (Chris) and his family move out to Colorado. Our families are pretty close to each other (we often end up talking for hours with his wife Linda) and Xane loves to play with their 3 girls.

4 comments:

  1. I appreciate your honesty! I also was not that excited to learn about this at first, but as i have looked more into PLNS i see they have a place and need to be learned, or understood. As teachers we will have students who will know so much about these things and need to be able to connect with them on their level. Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skype isn't really something that you might use to accumulate information in a PLN. We will be talking about those later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skype to talk to missionaries! Thats awesome! You are very lucky. I'm glad to see the church trying to keep up with technology

    ReplyDelete
  4. It also took me a while to understand the Web 2.0 tools. I really enjoy Skype as well. I get to talk with all my mission comps who live in Brazil. It's great!

    ReplyDelete