Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blog Post #7

I decided to use skype to chat with my Dad. It had been a little while since I had used skype (I believe it was back around Christmas time when our family was talking to my sister-in-law) but everything seemed to be pretty much the same. One of the reasons I really like skype is that it's relatively easy and convenient to use. The buttons are very straight forward (so Grandma and Grandpa can figure it out rather quickly without much trouble) and the quality of the video/audio is much better than other video chat programs I've used.
Video chat can be used to especially help with after class learning. In one of my early general classes, I believe it was Physical Science, some of the TA's had online chat hours that they could help you out with problems or concepts that you weren't understanding in class. This was a life saver for me as I lived in Springville and wasn't always able to make it up on campus during their office hours.

2 comments:

  1. I wish some of my classes had it available, it really helps with sciences and math so that you can see the problem being worked out on the board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow online chat hours? That is pretty cool, i have not heard of that before, though it makes a lot of sense. Both you and Brooke had a lot of good ideas on how yo use video in the classroom, so i am glad you both are smarter than i am and i can steal your ideas!

    ReplyDelete